Akami-Uapishkᵁ-KakKasuak - Mealy Mountains National Park Reserve
The glacier-carved mountains, wild rivers, waterfalls and coastline of the Akami-Uapishkᵁ-KakKasuak-Mealy Mountains National Park Reserve are Canada’s newest protected area, a title bestowed upon the region in 2015.
Akami-Uapishkᵁ-KakKasuak, the traditional name of the park, derives from the Innu Akami-uapishku, meaning “white mountains across,” and KakKasuak, the Labrador Inuit word for “mountain.”
Mealy Mountains National Park includes a spectacular beach known as the Wunderstrand, described in sagas that chronicle Viking explorations of the Canadian coast. Park visitors can expect exceptional hiking, fishing, kayaking, whale watching and camping, all while viewing some of the planet’s oldest fossils.
- Natural white, matte, ultra smooth background
- 100% cotton, acid and lignin-free archival paper
- Custom trimmed with border for framing; 1″ for x-small and small, 2″ for all larger sizes
- Every order is custom made just for you
- All sizes listed are overall paper dimensions including the white border
- Exact sizing may vary slightly due to printing process, we advise waiting to buy frames until the prints arrive.
- Product Note: Color variations between on-site previews, your screen and printed artwork may occur.